Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Dreaded Schedule

My life has changed somewhat dramatically over the last month. I went from being a part-time working mom to being a stay-at-home mom. I am actually busier now than I was when I had a paying job. Mainly, because I have the energy to be busier. I went back to being a stay-at-home mom because I was miserable with the way things were. I felt like I wasn't doing what God was calling me to do and this left me broken and empty. So, here I am, with a lot to do and a grateful heart that I have the time to do it. There's only one problem: I'm not getting it done.

I have never liked the idea of living by a schedule. I have always been someone who likes to see where the day will take me. The thing about that is that it helps me be a procrastinator and not get things done. So, I now find myself in a place where a schedule is vital. My list of things that I have to do every day/week is a little overwhelming to me right now. I am really trying to keep the house generally clean. I coupon to do my grocery shopping, which means, cutting, sorting, and planning every week (hey, it saves us money so that I can keep staying home). Tuesdays and Thursdays are crazy because on Tuesday, I have BSF leaders meeting in the morning and have to get Logan to school as soon as it's over. Thursday is BSF class day where I am a children's leader and have to get Logan to school right after (rush, rush, rush). I have to do little lesson plans for BSF and get my own Bible study done for BSF. I have to start working out more, which means trips to the gym. I have school work to do to become a medical transcriptionist. Somewhere in there I actually have to be a mom, wife, family member, and friend. I also enjoy reading and cross-stitching. 

So, it is very clear to me that I need a schedule. I am not complaining about how much I have to do. I love the fact that I am responsible for this much stuff! God has blessed me with some wonderful opportunities and I want to do well with them! Sorry if this post has been a little tedious to get through. Thanks for sticking with me! Bring on a life of more structure!

No comments:

Post a Comment