Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Looking Forward to 2014

Happy New Year! The first half of 2013 was a little rough and the second half was filled with new beginnings! The first half of the year looked something like this.
Sad things:
1. Battled depression
2. A friend passed away
3. Good friends moved away.
4. I started getting numbness in my left hand and after x-rays and visits to the chiropractor every 10 days, it's still there. There is an MRI in my future.

Good Things:
1. My brother got married!
2. I started children's leadership at BSF!

The second half of the year was good.
Sad things:
1. We were sick for Christmas.

Good things:
1. Logan is in school full-time and loving it!
2. My aunt got married!
3. We bought a house that has already been a huge blessing!

So, that was 2013. Through everything I went through I am so grateful that I had the support of my wonderful husband, family, and friends. However, I am most grateful for the love my Heavenly Father bestowed on me through it all and grateful that I have learned to trust Him more than I ever have before. I didn't accomplish all of my goals, but I am happy with the one's that did come to pass. I am really looking forward to 2014 because I think I have finally found some direction with how to proceed with some long term goals! It's really exciting! Today, I applied to be an ABA Line Therapist to work with kids who have autism. I want to be a teacher! So, here are my goals for 2014. Some are simple and some are going to take a lot of work.

2014 Goals:
1. Read at least 30 books.
2. Start my business with Norwex.
3. Eat more meals at the table as a family.
4. Apply to Liberty University Online in order to start in the summer or fall. (as long as I have a job by then)
5. Do everything I can to get financial aid (although, I will not take out any loans).
6. Go on vacation to somewhere we have never been before.
7. Take full advantage of every minute I have to spend with the people I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment