Friday, September 30, 2011

Humbled

Last night at work, my first delivery was one that I get at least once a week. This week she ordered twice. On Wednesday, she didn't tip me. So, of course, sinful person that I am, I complained about her not tipping as soon as I saw who I was delivering to. Right away, I knew that I did not have an attitude that was pleasing to God. So, I asked for forgiveness and prayed that God would help me not to be mad at her or continue to think badly of her if she didn't tip this time. When I got to her apartment, she recognized me as the person who delivered to her the day before. She apologized most sincerely to me for not having a tip for me the day before and said that she only had enough cash for the sandwich and wouldn't be able to tip me today either. I felt so horrible as she was saying this because I had such a bad attitude about going there. Then she asked me when I worked again and I told her the days that I work, so, she said she would tip me extra next week when she ordered again. So humbling!

This was just another one of those lessons that you should never judge people too quickly. You have no idea what their circumstances are or how they are struggling. I mean, this is the second most important commandment, "Love your neighbor as yourself," and I did not love on that girl. What an Awesome way for God to show me that I need to get off of my high horse. I also love the fact that even though I was already aware of how sinful I was being and was dealing with it on the way, God said, "No, I still think you need to be taken down another notch or two for this to really sink in," and had me go through that conversation with this sweet girl. Thank you, Father, for these important lessons in humility!

1 comment:

  1. Hehehe, He is awesome, ain't He? ;) Love this. Also, love your decor!!

    ReplyDelete