Sunday, August 10, 2014

Abundant Life...There You Are!

God has given me new perspective and caused me to be extremely excited about life in a matter of days! I had the opportunity to go on a trip with the students at our church Thursday and Friday. What can I say? It was Awesome! It wasn't awesome just because of the cool stuff we got to do. It was awesome because I got to know a lot more of the kids than I had previously! It was awesome because I finally feel like I am doing what I have been called to do! We have spent much of our marriage trying to do youth ministry and for one reason or another, it hasn't happend. I am so grateful to God that we have finally found a church that said, "You want to serve? Come on!" I am so excited about where the student ministry is going! We have a great Youth Pastor and a great leadership team to work with! I truly believe that God is going to do amazing things this year and I am so blessed and excited to be a part of it!

I wouldn't be me if I didn't quote a song here, so this is how I feel right now. This is from Little Boy Heart Alive by Andrew Peterson.

Come to the Father
Come to the deeper well
Drink of the water
And come and live a tale to tell

The pages are turning now
This is abundant life
The joy in the journey
Is enough to make a grown man cry

With a little boy heart alive

No comments:

Post a Comment